Valcambi Suisse Mint


logo of Valcambi Suisse

The Valcambi Suisse Mint is a private mint that is especially well known for its gold and silver bars that are available in a multitude of different sizes. However, Valcambi Suisse refines and mints platinum and palladium as well. The CombiBar is the company's most popular product. CombiBars are single thin bars of precious metal with 99.9% purity that can be divided up into smaller bars. Valcambi Suisse Gold CombiBars are produced in sizes of 50 gram (50 x 1 gram) and 1 oz (10 x 1/10 oz). Valcambi Suisse also produces collectible ingots, coins, medals and metal grains (for example for the fine watch industry).

Minting Facilities

The Valcambi Suisse Mint is located in Balerna (Swiss canton of Ticino). Since 2015, Valcambi Suisse is a subsidiary of Global Gold Refineries Ltd after previously having belonged to European Gold Refineries Holding SA (EGR).

History

Valcambi SA was founded in 1961 as Valori & Cambi SA. Credit Suisse took over full ownership of Valcambi in 1980 after already having acquired 80% of its stock in 1967. Most precious metal bars that Valcambi produced between 1967 and 2003 were stamped with the Credit Suisse logo. In 2003, Credit Suisse sold Valcambi to the newly founded European Gold Refineries Holding SA (EGR). EGR was based in Balerna as well. The American Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE: NEM) then owned 60.6% of EGR's stock.

In 2015, the European Gold Refineries Holding SA was sold to Global Gold Refineries Ltd., a company that is owned to 95% by REL Singapore PTE Ltd (Singapore). The remaining 5% belong to Rajesh Exports Limited (REL) that is based in Bangalore (India). REL manufactures gold jewelry in India and as such is one of the major gold consumers worldwide. REL had bought its refined gold from Valcambi Suisse for many years already.

The Newmont Mining Corporation sold its stock for a total of US $ 119 million. However, Newmont will continue to work together with Valcambi Suisse regarding the refining of its mined precious metals.

Valcambi Suisse Gold CombiBar

What makes it special?

Valcambi was the first manufacturer worldwide of 1000 g and 1 oz minted bars (1967). The mint is known worldwide for its innovative CombiBar™ system that debuted in 2011 with 50 detachable 1 g gold bars making up one joined CombiBar. The range of CombiBar products was expanded in 2013/2014 to include 20 x 1 g and 10 x 1/10 oz detachable bars. Valcambi also was the first refiner that introduced frosting on rectangular and round minted bars (in 2003 and 2005).

“Green Gold” bars were introduced in 2009 that are meant to allow customers to trace the minted gold's origin. Valcambi creates its own designs in-house and manufactures its own production tools.

Accreditation

Valcambi Suisse is accredited from the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA), the Dubai Multi Commodity Center (DMCC), the New York Commodities Exchange (COMEX), the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX), the Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM), the Central Office of Precious Metal Control in Switzerland and the Swiss Association of Manufacturers and Traders in Precious Metals.

The Valcambi Suisse refinery is certified according to the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.

Popular Gold Bullion Bars

Hover your mouse cursor over the image to turn it around.

Valcambi Suisse

1 oz bar
Valcambi Suisse 1 oz gold bar - front
Valcambi Suisse 1 oz gold bar - reverse

Valcambi Suisse

1 oz CombiBar
Valcambi Suisse 1 oz gold CombiBar - front
Valcambi Suisse 1 oz gold CombiBar - reverse

Valcambi Suisse

50 gram CombiBar
Valcambi Suisse 50 gram gold CombiBar - front
Valcambi Suisse 50 gram gold CombiBar - reverse